Posts Tagged ‘Free Access’
Fold3 is offering FREE ACCESS to it’s WW2 collection from Nov 10th to Nov 30th in honour of Veteran’s Day. There are many updated and new categories added to the collection so if you haven’t been there in a while you may want to consider having a look!
And don’t forget to let us know if you do find something or someone you’ve been searching for. We’d love to hear from you!
This weekend Findmypast is offering free unlimited access to over 2 million records from their databases which include the following:
- Global record sets such as census, birth, marriage, and death records from the 1600s to the present.
- Millions of local newspaper pages from around the globe spanning 1710 to 2014.
- The largest collection of local records from England, Wales, Scotland, and Ireland dating back to 1500.
- Military records dating from 1760, encompassing the U.S. Civil War, World War I and World War II.
- Passenger lists and naturalizations, covering the United States, Canada, England, Ireland, and beyond.
- Local histories, genealogies, and exclusive access to PERSI (the PERiodical Source Index)
In addition, you can tune in to the Findmypast Live Broadcast at 10 a.m. on Saturday, November 8th (EST), where some of our family history experts will be giving you advice to help you make the most of your research.
The offer runs from November 7th until 7 am November 10th.
Ancestry – FREE access to Canadian records from June 27th to July 2nd at Ancestry.ca! The free records offered include passenger lists, the 1871 census, WWI soldiers, and records predating Confederation.